Campus Guide St. Louis
Overview of events happening at each venue. Upon arrival, be sure to download the FIRST Championship Event App.
The Dome at America’s Center (DM)
- FIRST® Robotics Competition (ages 14-18, grades 9-12) – High school students from 400 international teams compete on custom playing fields with robots they have designed, programmed, and built themselves. Watch FIRST Robotics Competition teams compete in this year’s robotics challenge on six playing fields located in The Dome at America’s Center.
- For 2017, The Dome will house the largest FIRST Championship events – the FIRST Welcome Ceremony presented by Monsanto, the Closing Celebration, and the FIRST Finale.
America’s Center (AC)
- FIRST® LEGO® League (ages 9-16, grades 4-8) – Elementary and middle school students are judged on Core Values, Robot Design, and Project. Additionally, in the Robot Game, LEGO MINDSTORMS®-based robots are programmed by team members to complete “missions” on a playing field. All activities will be held in Hall 1 at the America’s Center, where you can see 108 teams from around the world work on their robots and compete.
- All 400 FIRST Robotics Competition teams’ Pits will be in Halls 2 - 5 (safety glasses provided and required).
- Special Events – The Ferrara Theater and America’s Ballroom are housed in the America’s Center, where special events including the FIRST LEGO League and FIRST LEGO League Jr. Awards Ceremonies and various FIRST Championship Conferences will be held.
St. Louis Union Station (US)
- FIRST® Tech Challenge (ages 12-18, grades 7-12) – Middle and high school students compete on custom playing fields with robots they have designed, programmed, and built themselves. One-hundred-twenty-eight international teams will compete; Pits will be located in the Midway (safety glasses provided and required); Fields will be located in the Grand Ballroom.
- FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. (ages 6-10, grades K-4) – Elementary school students are challenged to explore a scientific topic, then present what they learned with a Show Me poster and a powered LEGO model. Sixty teams will present their findings at the FIRST LEGO League Jr. World Festival Expo located in the Regency Ballroom.
The Marriott Grand Hotel (MG)
- The Marriott Grand Hotel will house the FIRST Innovation Faire, a hands-on, Maker Faire-inspired area featuring FIRST Sponsors, Suppliers, Scholarship Providers, and other Special Guests. All FIRST Championship attendees are encouraged to participate in the completely free FIRST Innovation Faire, where attendees can receive exciting giveaways, witness new technology demonstrations, and participate in fun, hands-on activities for all ages.
Peabody Opera House (PB)
- The historic and recently restored, beautiful Peabody Opera House will host the FIRST Tech Challenge Awards Ceremony.
Click below to view the Campus Locations map or specific venue maps. See also: Campus Info.
The Marriot Grand Hotel
- Innovation Faire featuring FIRST Sponsors, Suppliers, and other Special Guests.
- Exciting giveaways, new technology demonstrations and fun, hands-on activities for all ages
St. Louis Union Station
- FIRST Lego League Junior – 60 teams; World Festival Expo located in the Regency Ballroom
- FIRST Tech Challenge – 128 teams; Pits located in the Midway, fields located in the Grand Ballroom