We welcome professional media and communications individuals to the FIRST® Championship presented by BAE Systems.
Media credentials will be issued to:
- Credentialed/bona fide news media representatives and bloggers*;
- Freelance writers and photographers who present a letter of assignment from an official news media outlet (other freelancers will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis);
- Production companies;
- FIRST Sponsors
- Founding Sponsors: max. two (2) passes per organization
- Strategic Partners: max. three (3) passes per organization
- Championship Sponsors: max. three (3) passes per organization
- Other FIRST Event Sponsors: max. one (1) pass available per event sponsored, limit three (3) per organization
- FIRST Suppliers: max. two (2) passes per Supplier company
- FIRST Alliances: max. two (2) passes per Alliance organization
- FIRST Scholarship Providers: max one (1) pass per Provider organization
- Must be 18 years of age or older to receive media credentials.
*Online publications: Must be a previously established, independent site that is regularly updated with original and current broadcast or media-related news. Personal blogs, forums, and user groups will not be considered for media registration.
Individuals associated with FIRST® Robotics Competition and FIRST® Tech Challenge teams (students, coaches/mentors, alumni, team sponsors) must use the Team Media credentials provided to each team in their team registration packet.
For speed and convenience, we recommend that professional, bona fide media and PR/communications individuals pre-register. Please complete the online application for media credentials. Your registration will receive a pending status until reviewed by a FIRST representative.
Media Badges are non-transferrable. If you are unable to attend the event, any new media from your organization must complete the media registration process.
On-site Registration in Houston
We will accept walk-in registrations at the main registration area, level 1 of the George R. Brown Convention Center, Houston.
Please be prepared to present a photo ID plus at least one of the following when registering onsite:
- Officially issued, non-expired press credentials;
- A business card with your name, title, and media outlet (press) or company/organization name (Sponsors/Suppliers/Alliances/Scholarship Providers);
- A letter of assignment from editor/producer of an approved media outlet (photocopies not accepted);
- Current publication masthead with your name and title;
- News article published within the past six months with your byline.
FIRST Media Center Hours – Houston
- Wednesday, April 19 - 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday, April 20 - 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Friday, April 21 - 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Saturday, April 22 - 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
FIRST is not responsible for media equipment and personal items left in the Media Center.
Important Consent Information and Coverage Conditions
We welcome professional media and communications individuals who meet the eligibility requirements to capture images/footage at our events for the purposes of promoting FIRST under the following conditions:
- Images/footage obtained at FIRST events may not be sold (as prints or online).
- Images/footage obtained at FIRST events may not be used for commercial gain or the advertisement of any commercial product.
- The names of minors may not be published with their images without specific permission from a parent or guardian.
NOTE: FIRST cannot guarantee that every attendee has consented to your use of their likeness. User assumes any risk/responsibility of using images/footage obtained at the event. If you plan to capture images/footage at a FIRST event, we recommend you use your own consent form.