Download the 2022 FIRST Championship Social Media toolkit
We welcome professional media and communications individuals to the FIRST Championship.
Register Here »
For speed and convenience, we recommend that professional, bona fide media and PR/communications individuals pre-register. Complete the online application for media credentials.
Media credentials will be issued to:
- Credentialed/bona fide news media representatives and bloggers*;
- Freelance writers and photographers who present a letter of assignment from an official news media outlet (other freelancers will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis);
- Production companies;
- FIRST Sponsors
- Founding Sponsors: max. two (2) passes per organization
- Strategic Partners: max. three (3) passes per organization
- Championship Sponsors: max. three (3) passes per organization
- Other FIRST Event Sponsors: max. one (1) pass available per event sponsored, limit three (3) per organization
- FIRST Suppliers: max. two (2) passes per Supplier company
- FIRST Alliances: max. two (2) passes per Alliance organization
- FIRST Scholarship Providers: max one (1) pass per Provider organization
- Must be 18 years of age or older to receive media credentials.
*Online publications: Must be a previously established, independent site that is regularly updated with original and current broadcast or media-related news. Personal blogs, forums, and user groups will not be considered for media registration.
Individuals associated with FIRST Robotics Competition and FIRST Tech Challenge teams (students, coaches/mentors, alumni, team sponsors) must use the Team Media credentials provided to each team in their team registration packet.
On-site Registration in Houston
We also accept walk-in registrations. George R. Brown Convention Center, in the Main Registration Area, Level 1
Please be prepared to present a photo ID plus at least one of the following when registering onsite:
- Officially issued, non-expired press credentials;
- A business card with your name, title, and media outlet (press) or company/organization name (Sponsors/Suppliers/Alliances/Scholarship Providers);
- A letter of assignment from editor/producer of an approved media outlet (photo copies not accepted);
- Current publication masthead with your name and title;
- News article published within the past six months with your byline.
FIRST Media Center Hours – Houston
- Wednesday, April 20 - 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday, April 21 - 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Friday, April 21 - 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Saturday, April 22 - 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
We welcome professional media and communications individuals who meet the eligibility requirements to capture images/footage at our events for the purposes of promoting FIRST under the following conditions:
- Images/footage obtained at FIRST events may not be sold (as prints or online).
- Images/footage obtained at FIRST events may not be used for commercial gain or the advertisement of any commercial product.
- The names of minors may not be published with their images without specific permission from a parent or guardian.