We welcome professional media and communications individuals to the FIRST Championship.
Media credentials will be issued to:
- Credentialed/bona fide news media representatives and bloggers*;
- Freelance writers and photographers who present a letter of assignment from an official news media outlet (other freelancers will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis);
- Production companies;
- FIRST Sponsors
- Founding Sponsors: max. two (2) passes per organization
- Strategic Partners: max. three (3) passes per organization
- Championship Sponsors: max. three (3) passes per organization
- Other FIRST Event Sponsors: max. one (1) pass available per event sponsored, limit three (3) per organization
- FIRST Suppliers: max. two (2) passes per Supplier company
- FIRST Alliances: max. two (2) passes per Alliance organization
- FIRST Scholarship Providers: max one (1) pass per Provider organization
- Must be 18 years of age or older to receive media credentials.
*Online publications: Must be a previously established, independent site that is regularly updated with original and current broadcast or media-related news. Personal blogs, forums, and user groups will not be considered for media registration.
Individuals associated with FIRST Robotics Competition and FIRST Tech Challenge teams (students, coaches/mentors, alumni, team sponsors) must use the Team Media credentials provided to each team in their team registration packet.
For speed and convenience, we recommend that professional, bona fide media and PR/communications individuals pre-register. Select your location and complete the online application for media credentials.
Houston - not available
Detroit - not available
We also accept walk-in registrations.
- In Houston: George R. Brown Convention Center, in the Main Registration Area, Level 1
- In Detroit: Cobo Convention Center, in the Main Registration Area, Main Concourse, Level 2
Please be prepared to present a photo ID plus at least one of the following when registering onsite:
- Officially issued, non-expired press credentials;
- A business card with your name, title, and media outlet (press) or company/organization name (Sponsors/Suppliers/Alliances/Scholarship Providers);
- A letter of assignment from editor/producer of an approved media outlet (photo copies not accepted);
- Current publication masthead with your name and title;
- News article published within the past six months with your byline.
Important Consent Information and Coverage Conditions
We welcome professional media and communications individuals who meet the eligibility requirements to capture images/footage at our events for the purposes of promoting FIRST under the following conditions:
- Images/footage obtained at FIRST events may not be sold (as prints or online).
- Images/footage obtained at FIRST events may not be used for commercial gain or the advertisement of any commercial product.
- The names of minors may not be published with their images without specific permission from a parent or guardian.
NOTE: FIRST cannot guarantee that every attendee has consented to your use of their likeness. User assumes any risk/responsibility of using images/footage obtained at the event. If you plan to capture images/footage at a FIRST event, we recommend you use your own consent form.